Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Our Tough Guy

Jake had his doctor appointment today. He was a champ! Four shots and a blood draw really took a lot out of me, but it only phased Jake for a few minutes. He is super healthy and right on track developmentally. Jake weighed in at 26.75 lbs (60th percentile) and 30 in (50th percentile) tall. I was excited because they put him on a regular growth chart and not on the preemie one!! I don't know why I am so excited about this, but I am :) Oh, and Jake still has a big head.... >95th percentile.Later in the day Jake was walking across the kitchen floor in socks, slipped and hit his mouth on the floor. His tooth cut his lip and it bled for awhile. Of course it looked worse than it was. He kept burying his head in my shoulder while he cried, so I had blood all over my white shirt. Pretty dramatic, but a few snuggles later and we were all good.

2 comments:

  1. Like mother like son...You fell on the steps at church when you were about Jakes age...your tooth cut clear through your bottom lip and bled terribly...I took you to the ER because we could not get the bleeding stopped...when dad saw me he thought something terrible happened because of all the blood all over me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a scar from that! I hope Jake isn't as accident prone as I am!

    ReplyDelete